Since I've posted my home made food dishes on Instagram a few times, I thought it would be a great opportunity to post on my blog. My first post will be Cabbage Tofu Wraps. I was inspired by the awesome Chef, Mary Mattern. Check out Nom Yourself. She makes some amazing food dishes. Thank you Nom Yourself for making me love cooking even more.
Quick disclaimer: Feel free to use a variety of vegetables in your wraps. You do not have to use just the ones listed.
Cabbage Tofu Wraps
1 head Cabbage
1 package Extra Firm Tofu
1 Avocado diced
1 cup Shredded Carrots
2 cups Brown Rice
1 cup Frozen Corn
1 cup Frozen Edamame
Dash Minced Garlic
• Drain tofu
• Cut into pieces and marinate with olive oil
• Cook until golden brown
• Place into bowl and set aside
• While tofu is cooking, prepare rice according to instructions
• Once rice is cooked, transfer to large bowl and set aside
• Either cook veggies on stove top or microwave, if suitable. Once cooked, place into bowl
• Cut cabbage and peel off leaves individually
• Lay out the leaves and assemble wraps, starting with the rice. Then, place vegetable mix on top. Top that layer with tofu.
• Before rolling up the wraps, cut up Avocado into cubes to place on top of the mix.
• Roll wraps and cut in halves. ENJOY!!!
Again, feel free to experiment with different vegetables. You do not have to use the ingredients listed above. I will make these wraps again in the near future trying out different items. Let me know what you think and would love to hear your feedback.
On a side note, I just finished week four of marathon training. The training is going pretty good with consistent paces and excellent weather conditions. As of this post, I have almost 125 miles logged for the month. Upcoming races are the Fallen Comrades Half Marathon in West Point and Vermont City (Burlington) Marathon.