TCS NYC Marathon ALZ Association

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Thursday's coffee update

It feels very strange writing on a Thursday morning instead of every weekend. Yesterday, I did a 13 mile run to get back on track with my training regimen. Even though my time was a few minutes slower, I was very happy with the results since it was over a week ago that I ran. Less than four months until the Philadelphia Marathon and I almost can't contain my excitement. It's pretty amazing how far I've come in less than four years.

Speaking of excitement and Philadelphia, This Is Hardcore Fest takes place August 4th-7th at the Electric Factory. Its been a couple years since I've made the trek down to the best hardcore music festival in the country. I'll be down there Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday. I'm excited for all the bands that are playing this festival including those I haven't seen in several years and others for the first time ever. Joe Hardcore and his entourage do an amazing job every year putting on a great show and he knows how to take care of his audience. Philadelphia is going to be an amazing time and can't wait to see everyone stage-diving and losing it during the sets. My only regret is not going sooner and every year he has put it on since 2006. Every time I have gone, it has been nothing short of amazing. The hardcore scene is awesome and the city is great. If you want to know more, check it out. I'll have another post when the festival wraps up.

I'm very happy to establish a routine cooking a dish once a week. You really learn more about yourself when you are in the kitchen making healthy dishes. This is what I made on Monday:

 Falafel-Stuffed Eggplant with Tahini Sauce and Tomato Relish

I would definitely make this dish again in the near future. That's all for me because I need to get caught up on more reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment