TCS NYC Marathon ALZ Association

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Run Run Run

The past couple weeks, a lot has been going on so running had to be put on hold temporarily. Two weeks ago, I passed my certification exam. This allows me to fit running into my schedule and I could not be any more excited. I'm beginning to run three to four times a week again.

August 12th was 6.3 miles along the Hudson River in Downtown Albany. The time was a little over fifty minutes with a pace or just under eight minutes. Despite the humidity and toughness, I managed to get through it. Not pleased with the times but it was wonderful getting outside for a run before the storm came through the area (7:49, 7:33, 7:45, 7:59, 8:14, 8:25, 2:22). I added two miles on the way back to my vehicle for the cool down segment (8:35 and 8:30).

A few days later, I went out for six miles and the times were much better and not as erratic (7:51, 7:29, 7:34, 7:34, 7:35, 7:41). The time was 45:49 with an average pace of 7:38.

A couple days ago, I was unsure if I should do a run because of the weather. Luckily, the weather held up for the most part and decided to squeeze a run in. 7.5 miles total including getting soaked the last mile. My time was a little over fifty-nine minutes with a pace of 7:53. The times were erratic but I can definitely feel the momentum and strength returning to form (7:51, 7:39, 7:46, 7:59, 8:15, 7:58, 7:45, 3:53).

At the time of this writing, no races coming up for me soon but I plan on doing another marathon next year. It is good to start training and gain some momentum for the upcoming months. Yes, it is a short update but happy running.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment