TCS NYC Marathon ALZ Association

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Change is good

Currently, I'm wrapping up training for the Philadelphia Marathon coming up in less than two months. I can't believe the big day is getting close. Last week, I ran three consecutive days for the first time since my High School track and field days. Honestly, I was not sure what to expect or how my performance would be but it was worth a try. Let me tell you, it was the quickest running I have ever done in my life. My paces were between 6:30-7 minutes running 8,4 and 3.1 (5K) respectively. 6:34 is the fastest mile in under one hour of running, about 52 minutes to be exact. After doing those three runs, I kept asking myself why I didn't do this sooner. Now, I will incorporate them more into my run after this weekend. My goal is to get a 21 mile run in to get my confidence going and then focus on shorter runs to keep myself in running form. I've been focusing on distance and not on speed for several months only running twice a week. It will increase to three days a week to prevent burnout.

Now Playing: Check out the Onnit Podcast!

I told you I would get back into making my own dishes. The most beautiful thing about cooking is the ability to experiment and make so many variations of one dish. The possibilities are endless.


No comments:

Post a Comment